Clean and healthy water plays a significant role in our everyday lives. It’s essential for consumption, cleaning, growing plants and crops, and for operating certain machinery. In our homes, drinking hard water is common. However, there are many downsides to not only drinking, but using this type of water.
Once you’ve had your water treated by our plumbing company in Bethlehem, PA,, it’s important to get the most out of your water softener. Learn how below:
Many people don’t realize the transformative benefits of switching to soft water. The following seven eye-opening points are reason enough to switch to a soft water system:
- Increase the Value of Your Home
- Adding a water softening system can contribute to the appreciated value of your home. The refreshing taste of cleaner, healthier water is something both you and future homeowners will enjoy.
- It’s Healthier
- Hard water minerals lead to soap scum and grime on fixtures. Investing in a water softener can help to eliminate the residue that can form on your body, which can cause minor skin irritation, rashes, and dry, itchy skin.
- Protects the Color & Quality of Clothing & Linens
- Hard water often gets trapped in the fibers of your clothing and fabrics, which can make them stiff and dull in color. Washing your clothes is just as damaging as wearing them, especially when using hard water. When you switch to soft water, your clothing and linens will last longer and look brighter.
- Prolong The Life of Your Appliances & Fixtures
- Appliances such as water heaters and dishwashers operate more efficiently with soft water. This ultimately reduces your energy and repair costs. Soft water enables appliances and fixtures like shower heads, toilets, and drains to operate much longer with fewer problems.
- You Can Use Less Soap
- When you combine soap with hard water, it requires an increased amount of product in order to lather up. With softened water, you can use less soap, and therefore, enjoy a quicker wash, and save money on overused products.
- Helps to Prevent Plumbing Problems
- Hard water minerals can build up and leave a residue in fixtures, pipes, and appliances called lime scale. This build-up can severely damage fixtures and appliances and can also lead to clogged pipes.
- Save Money
- With soft water, you’ll be able to save money on monthly purchases of laundry detergent, dish detergent, shampoo, bath soap, and other cleaning products.
- With the extended lifespan of water heaters, dishwashers, faucets, and toilets, you can save money on the repairs that typically arise due to premature wear and tear.
- Since softened water is gentler on clothing and linens, you can continue to use them longer.
Get your water treated by the professionals at Curtis Total Service. With our water treatment systems in Lehigh Valley, PA, you’ll instantly notice a difference in taste and quality like never before. Treat yourself and your family to fresher, cleaner, healthier water by calling 610-709-6565.